Wednesday, February 6, 2013

White Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Cookies

I LOVE trying new recipes, its always so fun and adventurous.  I wanted to make some cookies with the white chocolate chips I had sitting in my cupboard, and these looked yummy, and fun for Valentines day!

(If you are making these to share, or you have a big family like mine, I would suggest doubling the recipe as this didn't quite make 2 dozen cookies)




Ingredients:

1/2 C butter at room temp
1 C Sugar
1 t distilled white vinegar
1 large egg
1 t vanilla extract
1 1/2 t red food coloring (I didn't use quite that much b/c I only had the food coloring that squeezes out one tiny drop at a time, and I didn't feel like waiting to measure out 1 1/2 teaspoons, but it would be prettier if you use the correct amount :) )
1 1/2 C flour
2 1/2 T Cocoa
1 t cornstarch
3/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 C white chocolate chips (plus more for garnish if desired)

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Beat sugar and butter in a mixer until fluffy.
  3. Add vinegar and mix just until combined. Add the egg just until combined. Scraping the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla and red food coloring and combine.
  4. Sift together the flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.  Add half to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. (scrapping the side of the bowl)  Mix in the remaining flour mixture just until combined.
  5. Mix in white chocolate chips.
  6. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on parchment lines cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
  7. Bake for 9-11 minutes. While still warm, press a few white chocolate chips into cookies, point side down. (this is mainly just for looks, you can skip this all together if you don't care too much about presentation ;) )  Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

My kids really enjoyed these cookies, I hope you do too!

No comments: