Friday, February 26, 2010

How do you get a 3 year old to eat??

I know moms have been fighting this war for years, and I really wish there was some magical solution, I am so tired of the dinner table being a battle field.  Unless it is chicken, rice, or ramen noodles Noah wants nothing to do with it.

Take greenbeans for example.  Noah LOVES greenbeans, BUT he forgets this fact everytime he comes back from a visit from his dad's house.  I have to beg, bribe, and threaten for an hour to get him to try just one greenbean.  I know that once he finally tries it, he discovers its yummy, and will finish all of them on his plate.  But he would rather tell me they are "sick" and sit pouting in his chair forever until he finally caves in.

We have tried cutting back his milk intake during the day,  (He would be happy to drink milk all day and never eat) and cutting back on his afternoon snack so that he is hungry come dinner time, but to no avail!  Most nights I have to "help" him eat...meaning standing over him and feeding him every bite, because he doesn't want to do it himself.

He acts like we are trying to feed him liver and brussle sprouts!! All though maybe we should try that because he doesn't like "good" food!!!

No comments: