Thursday, March 29, 2012

Introducing McKenna Riley Campos

We welcomed the newest member of our family, McKenna Riley Campos, on October 5th, 2011.  She was born weighing 7lbs 5oz and was 20 inches long and had a full head of hair.  I had gone in for my check up that morning and discovered I was already dilated to a 5, so rather than send me all the way back to Tonopah, my doctor sent us straight to the hospital.  When I got there they started me on IV pitocin because I was not having any regular contractions, and a couple hours later my doctor came in and broke my water, which was one of the most painful experiences I have ever had.  With Noah, my water broke on its own while I was waiting in the triage, and with Ammon I had had a slow leak, but when my Dr. broke my water the rest of the way, it was not near as painful as it was with McKenna.  I was thinking about trying to do it natural, but after how painful it was to have my water broken, I chickened out and wanted to get the epidural.  It didn't work as well as I had hoped, however.  It seemed, to me, as if my progress was moving so slowly, and I was starting to get anxious and scared, Mike called our old Bishop (Bishop McCombs) to see if he could come and give me a blessing, and he said he would make it in as soon as he could.  Well, after the phone call, all of the sudden things started progressing at a rapid pace, before Bishop McCombs even showed up, and almost before my Dr. could even get there, it was time for Miss McKenna to make her appearance.  Luckily my doctor happened to be in the stairwell at the hospital on his way to check on me when they paged him, and he got in the room just in time to catch her.  Mike and I were instantly in love with our sweet baby girl.  She took to nursing right away, and was (and still is) quite the little nursing champ.  When Bishop McCombs came in to give the blessing, he was surprised to see a baby already in my arms.  Later that afternoon when the boys got to come in and see her, it was so sweet.  They were so in love with their little sister.  I was a little worried about jealousy issues from Ammon, but he surprised us all.  When it was time for them to leave, Ammon kept reaching for McKenna and saying "I take it! I take it!"  We only stayed in the hospital for one night, then got to go home the next day.  It has been so much fun having a little girl, she is very different from how the boys were as babies, much more calm, and sleeps way better than they ever did!  She definitely has us all wrapped around her little finger.







No comments: