Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ammon is Three!!

I can barely believe that my baby boy is three years old!!  He had been asking about his birthday for at least a month before hand, and would get so upset when each day was not yet his birthday.  I tried showing him on the calendar what day each day was, and which day his birthday was, but it wasn't quite helping.  At a friend's suggestion I made him a paper chain to hang up in his room to count down the days.  The paper chain definitely helped.  We had talked about what kind of cake he wanted to have, and after informing me he wanted it to be "CHOCOLATE!" he agreed on me making him an owl cake.  (He REALLY likes owls)
 
 
 
As you can clearly see, he was very excited that it was FINALLY his birthday!

 
 
 
He made out like a bandit with presents this year, he got some new Cars 2 cars from Grandpa and Grandma Lynne, the first Toy Story Movie from grandma, some new truck books from Nana and Papa, the movie the Lorax, Buzz and Woody (which is what he had been asking us for), and a big John Deere dump truck filled with Mega Blocks.

 
He told Noah he could open one of his presents, then quickly changed his mind and pouted:
 
 
A very happy boy!!


 
Ammon is a very special part of our family, we couldn't imagine our lives with out him.  He is such a little firecracker, very opinionated, VERY busy, and always there to make you laugh.  He is very smart (he surprised me this summer when I was teaching Noah my phone number, he memorized it too!) and loving, he loves his brother and sister very much, and is always looking out for them.  At three years old his favorite things are trucks (especially tractors and construction trucks), anything to do with the Movie Cars or Toy Story, owls, going camping, playing outside, and hunting with his daddy.  He keeps telling me that "the season" is coming up, I asked him what season to which he replies "the season to shoot the kitties."  (He is excited for trapping season with daddy)



1 comment:

Kari said...

What a great looking cake!