Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Five Minutes Peace

My mom used to have this book for us when we were kids, and I can honestly say I never truley understood it until I had 2 kids of my own.  Gone are the days where you have 10 extra minutes to shave your legs in the shower, your blow dryer sits collecting dust on the bathroom shelf, and your husband is lucky if you get a chance to pull a comb through your hair and put on some lip gloss before he comes home. :)  You forget how good it was to be able to sit down and actually enjoy what you are eating, most of the time you are scarfing down bites so you can take the baby and let your husband have his turn to eat.  I honestly can't remember the last time I painted my toenails and unless I am going out somewhere my makeup sits untouched in the bathroom.  Sweatpants have become a good friend, and the only perfume I wear is ode de bebe spitup.  You never really realize how much mom's sacrifice and give up until you become one.  It makes me appreciate all the things my mom has sacrificed for us.

That being said, I wouldn't trade being a mom for all the long showers, makeup, and toenail polish in the world.  I love my babies, and look forward to a time when they are old enough to let me have some me time, until then hopefully my husband doesn't mind having slightly rumpled and frazzled wife. :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

YA! You have a blog! Welcome to the club :) When are you guys coming home?