Monday, January 11, 2010

Noah turns 3 this week!!



It has been quite the adventure the last three years watching as Noah turned from a tiny helpless infant into an idependant, opinionated toddler.  There have been some sad times and scary times, and many amazing and wonderful times, and I wouldn't change it for the world!  I feel very blessed that Heavenly Father allowed me to be Noah's mother, to help him grow and learn, and be a part of his life.

Noah was born January 17, 2007 at 2:31pm after 23 hours of labor.  He weighed 6lbs 7oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.  He was having some trouble breathing, so after a couple minutes of me holding him they had to take him away and put him under oxygen.  They also discovered he had a high white blood cell count, and after his oxygen levels were up they had so send him to the NICU to be put on antibiotics through an IV.  He stayed in the NICU for four days, and it was one of the sadest things I ever had to see.

When he got to come home it was one of the happiest days of my life.  He was a very sweet and mellow baby from the very start.  He still loves to snuggle, and take his "blankie" everywhere.  He loves giving everyone hugs and kisses, and will talk to just about anyone.  He has been known to strike up conversations with random people at the grocery store, and even once befriended a biker at Scoopers who gave him a sticker. :)  He is very imaginative and fearless.  He loves counting, singing the ABC's and Twinkle Twinle Little Star.  He loves animals, especially kitties, and he LOVES his baby brother.  He loves swimming, playing in the snow, going to the park to play on the swings and the slide, video games, truck, balls, G.I. Joes, and books.  His favorite foods are noodles, chicken, ham, french fries, mashed potatoes, cheese, and rice.  He loves watching Sponge Bob, Dora the Explorer, and Blues Clues, and is just a very happy, very busy little boy.

Noah has been an amazing blessing in my life, and being a mom has definitly changed me, and given me a whole new perspective on everything.  He has taught me so much over the last three years, and I feel so so lucky to be his Mommy!!

No comments: