Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Day

This April Fool's day I got Mike and the boys pretty good.  My pranks were fairly harmless, but funny just the same. :)

For the boys I made these:


They look like eggs, don't they? They are not eggs, they are actually cupcakes disguised as eggs. I made mini white cupcakes, frosted them with white frosting then placed them in an egg carton, then I piped on some lemon curd mixed with a tiny bit of red food coloring for a more yoke like color.  The "shells" I made by painting white chocolate into a greased plastic Easter egg half, then placed in the freezer on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet to set.  I was a little difficult getting the white chocolate out of the shells, but my wonderful husband suggested to stick the plastic part of the egg in hot water for a few seconds, and it helped, a lot.

I called the boys into the kitchen, showed them the egg carton, and asked them who had gotten into my eggs and smashed them.  Noah adamantly denied he had anything to do with it, but when I questioned Ammon he said "yeah" he did it.  So I told them they had to eat them as punishment for smashing them.  They were pretty excited when they realized they were cupcakes and not actual eggs.

This is how I pranked Mike...the night before I went into his drawer, took a needle and thread and made one big long string sewing all his undies, a few undershirts and a pair of his socks all together, then I went into the bathroom, took the bar soap from the shower and coated it with clear fingernail polish, and put saran wrap under all the caps of shampoo and conditioner.  When he went to shower this morning, he went to grab a pair of undies out of his drawer and instead pulled out a whole stack, little did he know that wasn't the end of my prank. :)  When Mike got out of the shower I innocently asked him, "So, how was your shower?" to which he replied suspiciously, "What do you mean?"  I asked him, "Did you get all nice and clean?" to which he replied, "what did you do to my soap?"  He explained, while I was laughing my head off, that he had tried and tried to lather with the soap, even sniffed it, thought maybe he had sprayed it with the leave in shower cleaner and made it that way, then crumpled it up into a ball and was finally able to use it. (It was only little more than a sliver mind you...)  He didn't wash his hair this morning, so my other prank didn't really work out...but the soap did get a pretty good laugh out of both of us. :) Guess I better watch my back next year....

1 comment:

Kari said...

Very impressive!