Friday, April 20, 2012

Noah Looses His First Tooth!

A couple weeks ago, Noah got up on Monday morning to get ready for school and showed me one of his bottom teeth was loose:


We had a talk about how our baby teeth have to fall out so our adult teeth can grow in, and its part of growing up and getting bigger.  Noah seemed a little scared and apprehensive, until I explained that after it fell out, he could put it under his pillow and the Tooth Fairy would take it and leave him money, then he was excited.

Nana (who is also known as the "Tooth Flicker" at school) tried to convince him to let her "help" get it out, but Noah didn't want any one's help.  He kept insisting that it would "fall out by itself."

Last night before we went to bed, I checked on Noah's tooth because he had knocked it a little more loose earlier in the day, and we had eaten corn on the cob for dinner...it was hanging by a thread.  I was a little worried it would fall out in his sleep and he would swallow it.  So with a lot of wiggling from me, and Mike, and a lot of coaching and cheering, Noah pulled his own tooth out!



This morning Noah got up at 6:15 (and mind you, he gets up at 7am for school and I usually have to DRAG him out of bed) to show me the dollar that the Tooth Fairy left under his pillow last night. :)  Guess he was a little excited...he has been carrying that dollar around all day.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm not looking forward to whole loosing teeth thing. Gross!! I had a piano student who was obsessed with get loose tooth and it was only hanging by a thread. It was awful. Hopefully Bailey won't lose any teeth soon!