Friday, April 6, 2012

Mike turns the big 3-0!

Yesterday was Mike's 30th birthday!  We celebrated with a quiet family party at home.  Mike's sister Emily and her two girls came over and had dinner and cake with us, it was laid back, but fun to spend this special time with family.

While Mike was at work yesterday I made this cake for him...he had no idea what my plan was, and was surprised, but this cake was a major pain in the rear (I really need to learn how to "crumb coat" better, or maybe I need to make cake that isn't so moist and holds up better...even frozen this cake was falling apart while I attempted to frost it):


For his presents this year he got a new tie (that the boys picked out), the fourth Harry Potter book on audio CD (we have been slowly building up his Harry Potter Audio CD collection since Christmas), a new movie, an audio book and an oil vial key chain from my mom, and a giant rapid-fire Nerf gun (he may be 30 but he is still a kid at heart!).





2 comments:

Kari said...

I'm impressed by the cake!

Heidi said...

I love the cake!!