Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spicy Chicken, Rice and Beans Casserole

So I was talking to my mom last night about being wanting to be more "adventurous" and make new recipes, so I got a little adventurous today, took an idea from a couple different recipes and made my own recipe.  We had it for dinner tonight, and it actually turned out pretty tasty :)

1 can refried beans
1 C uncooked rice
2 C cooked chopped chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 7oz can El Pato tomato sauce
1 can Rotel
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Cook rice as directed.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9in glass casserole dish.  Spread refried beans in the bottom of casserole dish and top with cooked rice.  Sprinkle chicken on top of rice.  Mix together cream of mushroom and chicken soup, El Pato sauce and Rotel.  Spread over chicken and top with shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.  Serve with Tortilla chips if desired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

you know, I was looking through your blog and some of the themes I really like. I would like to invite you to my art blog, and while it is not a professional art blog, I try my best.

So what do you think? If you follow me, I will follow you.

I hope to hear from you soon....:)

Jesse

The Campos Clan said...

I am seriously going to try all of your recipes!! They all look fantastic!! :)