Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pathetically out of shape!

I have been bugging Mike about replacing the inner tube in my double jogging stroller so I can walk Noah to school for a few weeks now.  He finally got around to doing it last night for me, so I decided there was nothing holding me back from doing it.  The school is really close to our house and I felt rather silly driving him, but its hilly and it would be hard for him to walk it.  So this morning I packed both the boys into the stroller and headed off to school.  I got down our big long hill of a drive way and street just fine, but then I had to walk up an enormous hill to get to the school, and let me tell you my lungs and legs were burning.  Apparently chasing after an almost 4 year old and one year old everyday is not exercise enough!  I am so out of shape it is not even funny!  It took all of 7 minutes to walk from our house to the school, and I was out of breath and wishing I had driven...lol.  It was a lot easier though going home with just Ammon in the stroller.  Pushing 20lbs is a lot less work that 50+ pounds.  I almost had myself convinced that I was too tired to walk to pick him back up, but I figured if I was ever planning on getting in shape I couldn't make excuses, I just needed to do it.  So I huffed and puffed and made it down and up and down and up the hills again picking up Noah and going back home.  I guess I need to get out and be more active or something. :)  Mike has started getting up super early and going to the gym with one of his friends from work, so maybe I need to follow his lead and get my butt in gear!!  So I am making a goal of walking him to school everyday he has school (4 days a week) and taking walks with Ammon on the days Noah is visiting his dad.  I may even throw in an extra day of exercising at home while the boys are napping.

2 comments:

The Campos Clan said...

I am horribly out of shape too!! Bryan and I went walking at the park yesterday and we did one lap around the pond there and I was dying! Bryan made me do another lap and I'm glad he did. I felt so ridiculous. I really really need to start working out!

Wildwood Flower said...

I take Charlie on walks, not as often as I'd like, but holy crap...I am right there with you, Tonopah is so hilly that a little walk is like a freakin' hike!