Monday, September 20, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife

So when the movie "The Time Traveler's Wife" came out I thought it looked really good.  I still haven't been able to see the movie (we don't have a movie theater here in Tonopah) so I thought I would read the book, besides books are always better than the movie, or so I thought.  A couple weekends ago the library here was having a book sale and I found this book for only a quarter, and I thought "what a great deal!"  Later on I was happy I only spent a quarter on it.

The book was terrible!!  The concept was a good idea, but I could have done without the "f" word 6 times in every paragraph, and the several racy scenes through out the book.  Not only that, but the main character Clare just drove me crazy.  She didn't seem to think anything wrong of sleeping with her best friends husband not only once, but twice!! And one of the times was after her husband had died.  Her husband told her to live her life, that he would see her again when she was old, but not to sit around and wait for him wasting her life...so what does she do??  She goes out and sleeps with her best friends husband.  The ending was horrible, it was like the author just got tired of writing and had to end it somehow.  After Henry told Clare to live her life and then died, you think that it would explain some of what she did the next 40 years to follow what Henry wanted her to do.  The only thing she did was sleep with Gomez, draw a picture and wish she could disappear in time, then all ths sudden she was 82 years old and Henry came to see her.

I would NOT recommend for anyone to read this book, it was a waste of time!

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

umm, yeah! I started the book and couldn't get through 2 paragraphs, I skipped to the end because I guessed what was going to happen. I DIDN't miss much AT ALL!

Monson Family said...

I'm glad for your book review. That was on my book to-read list. Do you want to do an online book club with me? I'm currently doing the Goose GIrl series. What do you think? kmmonson@hotmail.com