Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What's for Dinner

Tonight for dinner I am making meatloaf (Mike's favorite), homemade mashed potatoes, and green beans.  If I get really ambitious, I might make lemon bars for desert too.  This is our family's favorite meatloaf recipe, I have tried several different ones, but this is the one that tastes the best and is the easiest!

Souperior Meat Loaf

1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
2lbs Ground Beef
3/4 C plain dry bread crumbs (I use the Italian seasoned kind)
2 eggs
3/4 C water
1/2 C Ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in large bowl.  Shape into loaf in a 13x9 pan and bake for 1 hour.

To go on top of our meatloaf I make a yummy sauce by mixing ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.  I just squirt some ketchup into a bowl (whatever looks like enough for however many people are eating) then dump the Worcestershire sauce in and mix it up.  I put in just enough Worcestershire sauce to give it a nice spicy kick :) (learned how to do this meatloaf sauce from my mom!)

2 comments:

Kari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Campos Clan said...

YUM!! I definitely need to try your recipe :)